Episode 3: Pg 7
Hopefully by this point it’s obvious the inky-blob panels represent a flashback/memory belonging to Dash. If not… well, now you know!
What a busy week I’ve had! It turns out people really enjoyed Investigation. That also means that a new short story is on the way soon. Here is a little preview of what is ahead:
What does it mean? You’ll find out next week it seems!
The short story project is actually seeking contributors. We have several stories on the way, and we are hoping for an illustrated component for each one. Basically, this copy of the tumblr post should explain everything:
Cosmic Dash Short Story Series: Seeking Artists and Writers!
I recently successfully launched a new feature of the website. I’m calling it the Cosmic Dash Short Stories series, and so far there are four authors who are contributing exciting stories set in the universe of my comic.
Here is just a small sample of the offerings the series will provide:
- A cycloptic alien investigates a paralytic plant and why a dark cult requires it. However, his actions drag a humble human detective into a very important inter-factional effort.
- Several popular journalists are present for a massive music festival on a repurposed mining asteroid where they interview and shed light on the acts.
- Two detectives follow a lead to a mysterious abandoned research facility that has become abandoned, and discover terror within.
- A former soldier tries to live life as best he can as a test-pilot, but it seems like his past is coming back to haunt him.
- A wealthy industrialist… perhaps the most powerful being in the galaxy, opens up in a very special interview with one of the most popular personalities on the news networks.
While we have plenty of stories on the way, we definitely would love an illustrated component. That is why I am establishing this thread. What I will do is post stories as they come which need a single illustration. If you’re interested, just let me know! I’ll work closely with you and the author. This is great for exposure, and it is relatively little work! If you’re interested in writing a story, I would love to talk to you as well. All stories in this project are canon, and I will do everything in my power to work these characters into the webcomic.
There is little I can offer in compensation aside from exposure, but all contributors retain the rights to their work. In addition, I am looking into publishing a collection of the stories, just like I publish the comic. Naturally, if you are uncomfortable with this, it is easy to opt your contribution out of the publication if that ends up happening.
So, if anyone is interested, I would love to have you involved. You can message me via PM, or you can always e-mail me at email@example.com.
So yeah, if you’re interested, please let me know!
The last bit of tumblr new this week is that I recently started a fun advertising campaign on project wonderful. The ad is hilariously juxtaposed on certain websites, and I am already working on a gallery of screen-caps.
Today you should check out Jailbird!